COVID-19 UPDATE: Travel restrictions and other information for U.S. Passport holders.

Comments for What can be done if you suspect that your ex-spouse obtained a passport without proper consent or documentation?

Click here to add your own comments

Passport for my child
by: Anonymous

Question: I trying to get my son a passport but I have his father's name on the Birth certificate. The father has never been his life, he has never seen him. And I can’t get hold of him because he doesn’t live in this country. If I had known that he has to be here for he get passport, I wouldn’t have put him on the birth certificate. What can do? Please help!

Answer: You may submit Form DS-5525 and a thorough explanation of the child's family situation and the rest of the requirements for a child's passport. Note, however, that applications of this nature are processed on a case by case basis.

getting my daughter's passport
by: Anonymous

Question: If my former husband is not my daughter's father but his name is on her birth certificate, could her biological father and I come to the office to get her passport?

Answer: There person listed as the father on your daughter's birth certificate must either appear with her at the time the passport application is submitted or provide notizarized consent. The only way she can get the passport with her biological father is if you petition to have the birth certificate amended to include his name. You will also have problems listing the biological father on the application form if the birth certificate has a different name for the father.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to What can be done if you suspect that your ex-spouse obtained a passport without proper consent or documentation?.

Return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.

Expedite Your Passport Now!