This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. FTC Disclosure: We may be compensated if you make a purchase via a link on this site.

Where do I submit the application for a passport name change?

by Bhumika

Question: My passport was issued less than 1 year ago and I want to change name. After I complete the form, where can I submit it along with the necessary documents?

I am from Seattle, Washington. Please suggest the nearest place where I can submit the name change application to complete my process. Thank you. Waiting for your reply.

Answer: There are a few different places you can submit your name change application depending on how quickly you need to get your passport back.

There are two addresses provided on Form DS-5504: Application for a U.S. Passport Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement. One address is for routine service. This takes 4-6 weeks to complete. The other address is for expedited service. This takes 2-3 weeks to complete.

Note: If you request expedited service, be sure to include a payment of $60 and write the word "Expedite" on the outside of the envelope. It is also recommended that you use a two-way overnight delivery method that can deliver to a P.O. Box.

If you need to get your name changed in the passport in less than two weeks, you can visit the regional passport agency. For complete details, click the link below.

Seattle Passport Agency

If you do not have time to visit the Seattle agency yourself, you can get a professional passport expediter to submit the name change application for you. For more information, click the link below.

Apply to Expedite Passport Name Change

Click here to post comments

Return to Passport Name Change FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.

Expedite Your Passport Now!