Is it possible to get a passport for someone from Mexico?
(Corpus Christi, Tx, Nueces)
Question: Hello, my husband's grandmother lives in Mexico and would like to come and visit her family over in the United States. We were wondering if it is possible for us to help her get a passport to come to the United States.
If your husband's grandmother is a citizen of Mexico, she needs to apply for and obtain a Mexican passport and, then, apply for a Border Crossing Card. Click the link below for information about applying for a Mexican passport.Pasaportes - Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores
The Border Crossing Card (BCC) is both a BCC and a B1/B2 visitor’s visa. B1/B2 visa/Border Crossing Cards are only issued to applicants who are citizens of and residents in Mexico. Applicants must meet the eligibility standards for B1/B2 visas which include the following.
* The purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
* That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period;
* Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
* Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and
* That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties that will ensure their return abroad at the end of the visit.
BCC applicants must make an application using the normal procedures set by consular sections in Mexico. The fee for the Border Crossing Card is $160. It is valid for 10 years. Click the link below for complete instructions.Non-Immigrant Visa INnformation
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.