Disclaimer: This site may earn affiliate commissions from your purchases through our links, at no extra cost. Learn more.

Comments for Passport department still insists they need absent parents consent! Help!

Click here to add your own comments

My ex husband is not willing to sign if I don't give him money
by: Anonymous

Question: My ex-husband is not willing to sign for my children to get their passports since we are both on the birth certificate. However, he is undocumented and lives in Mexico, I live in the U.S. and my children were born in the U.S. My ex-husband is asking that I give him $5,000 per child if I want him to sign. I don't have that kind of money to pay him. How can I get my children passports if he won't sign?

Answer: You may apply for the children's passports with Form DS-5525. Explain the situation in as much detail as possible and submit the form with the rest of the requirements.

Applications submitted with this form may or may not be approved -- it depends on the situation surrounding the children. Providing proof of your exchange and his attempts at extortion may help your case.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Passport department still insists they need absent parents consent! Help!.

Return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Click for reliable expedited passport courier service.

More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

1. How can you get a passport when you're in a hurry?
2. What exactly does a passport expediter do?
3. Are passport expediting services legitimate?
4. How can I identify a reliable passport expeditor?
5. Is expedited passport service worth it?

Get answers to these questions and more in our Ultimate U.S. Traveler's Guide to Passport Expediters.

You can also visit our library of articles about passport expediting.

In a Hurry? Get Reliable Expedited Passport Courier Service:Expedite My U.S.Passport Now!
About the Author: For over 20 years, the U.S. Passport Service Guide team has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers with their travel document questions and shared advice about how to make traveling abroad simpler, safer, and more enjoyable.

Get the Latest Updates

Fill out the form, tick all boxes, click subscribe for updates on passports and travel news.