Disclaimer: This site may earn affiliate commissions from your purchases through our links, at no extra cost. Learn more.

Comments for I forgot the money with my renewal application!

Click here to add your own comments

Forgot to put the date under my signature
by: Adam

Question: I forgot to date a signed DS-82 form that I used for passport Renewal. Will this be a problem?

Answer: Yes, it could be an issue. Please keep an eye out for communication from the Department of State. This will give you instructions on where to send a new signed and dated form.

Forgot Payment
by: Anonymous

Question: I forgot to send my payment however none of the options when calling the number suggested are for forgotten documents and there is no option to speak to a person.

Answer: Once your application is received, passport services will contact you with instructions on how and where to send the check. You may also be given the option to pay the fees via credit card over the phone.

by: Anonymous

Question: I mailed the passport and check but forgot to put application in envelope.

Answer: You need to contact the mailing service you used or the NPIC at 1-877-487-2778 for assistance.

by: Anonymous

Question: Hi. I forgot to put a date under my signature. It's a child's passport and the person that did the counter signature put both dates in the form and the photo. Is that going to be a big problem? I sent my application from Switzerland. Please help.

Answer: It should not be an issue. If it is, the U.S. Embassy will contact you.

Forgot to submit payment
by: alma

Question: I didn't realize that I forgot to send payment along with application renewal. It was mailed last Tuesday to the Texas location. Do I still have time to send payment before the send application back to me?

Answer: Incomplete applications are sent usually sent back. Please call 1-877-487-2778 to speak to a customer service representative.

Forgot to Sign
by: Anonymous

Question: I filled out my renewal form for my passport and sent it with USPS Priority mail with tracking, along with my old passport, and check for the fees and expedited service. I did everything and then realized I forgot to sign the form! I will be traveling in 3 weeks time. Please help.

Answer: Please call 1-877-487-2778 to speak with a customer service representative.

Forgot to include information on form
by: Anonymous

Question: I just realized I forgot to include my height on the Passport renewal form. Will the form be sent back to me include the information or can I provide the information to someone?

Answer: Please call 1-877-487-2778 to speak with a customer service representative.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passport Renewal Questions.

Return to I forgot the money with my renewal application!.

Click for reliable expedited passport courier service.

More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

1. How can you get a passport when you're in a hurry?
2. What exactly does a passport expediter do?
3. Are passport expediting services legitimate?
4. How can I identify a reliable passport expeditor?
5. Is expedited passport service worth it?

Get answers to these questions and more in our Ultimate U.S. Traveler's Guide to Passport Expediters.

You can also visit our library of articles about passport expediting.

In a Hurry? Get Reliable Expedited Passport Courier Service:Expedite My U.S.Passport Now!
About the Author: For over 20 years, the U.S. Passport Service Guide team has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers with their travel document questions and shared advice about how to make traveling abroad simpler, safer, and more enjoyable.

Get the Latest Updates

Fill out the form, tick all boxes, click subscribe for updates on passports and travel news.