Disclaimer: This site may earn affiliate commissions from your purchases through our links, at no extra cost. Learn more.

Name change for a minor's passport

(Pensacola Beach, FL USA)

Question: What form do I need to fill out for a court ordered name change of a minor with a passport that was issued more than a year ago?

Also, I have another daughter that got her passport when she was 5 months old, and now that she is 3 years old she looks nothing like her baby photo. What form do I need to file to change a photo only?

Answer: Since minors cannot apply for a passport name change using Form DS-82, it is necessary to submit the application for a new passport (Form DS-11) and complete all the steps.

Also, there is no form to change a photo in a passport. The only way to do this would be to apply for a new passport for your child. You can do this if you wish but will lose the remaining validity in the passport. For complete instructions, click the link below.

Apply for Child's Passport

Return to Passport Application Form Questions.

Click for reliable expedited passport courier service.


More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

1. How can you get a passport when you're in a hurry?
2. What exactly does a passport expediter do?
3. Are passport expediting services legitimate?
4. How can I identify a reliable passport expeditor?
5. Is expedited passport service worth it?

Get answers to these questions and more in our Ultimate U.S. Traveler's Guide to Passport Expediters.

You can also visit our library of articles about passport expediting.

In a Hurry? Get Reliable Expedited Passport Courier Service:Expedite My U.S.Passport Now!
About the Author: For over 20 years, the U.S. Passport Service Guide team has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers with their travel document questions and shared advice about how to make traveling abroad simpler, safer, and more enjoyable.

Get the Latest Updates

Fill out the form, tick all boxes, click subscribe for updates on passports and travel news.