Important Due to Covid-19, processing times for passports are taking longer than normal for both standard and expedited services.

Foreign Entry Requirements: Yemen to Zimbabwe

Wales | Yemen | Zambia | Zimbabwe
For a list of entry requirements for other countries, click here.

Yemen FlagYemen

The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the high security threat level in Yemen due to the ongoing military conflict, terrorist activities, including kidnappings, and civil unrest. The Department urges U.S. citizens to defer travel to Yemen and those U.S. citizens currently living in Yemen to depart.

Passports with at least 6 months remaining validity and visas are required for travel to Yemen. Visas must be obtained at Yemeni Embassies abroad; airport visas are no longer available. Travelers to Yemen are no longer required to have an affiliation with and arrange their travel through a Yemeni-based individual or organization to enter Yemen. However, individuals may be asked for supporting evidence of their character, purpose of visit and length of stay. U.S. citizens typically are issued visas that are valid for 30 days. The Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in Washington, D.C., is not issuing tourist visas at the present time. 

***passport_top.shtml***Yemeni law requires that all foreigners traveling in Yemen obtain exit visas before leaving the country. In cases of travelers with valid tourist visas and without any special circumstances (like those listed below), this exit visa is obtained automatically at the port of exit as long as the traveler has not overstayed the terms of the visa.

In certain situations, however, foreigners are required to obtain exit visas from the Immigration and Passport Authority headquarters in Sanaa. These cases may include, but are not limited to, foreigners who have overstayed the validity date of their visa; U.S.-citizen children with Yemeni or Yemeni-American parents who are not exiting Yemen with them; foreigners who have lost the passport containing their entry visa; foreign residents whose residence visas are based on their employment or study in Yemen, marriage to a Yemeni citizen, or relationship to a Yemeni parent; or foreign residents who have pending legal action (including court-based "holds" on family members' travel). The loss of a passport can result in considerable delay to a traveler because Yemeni law requires that the traveler attempt to recover the passport by placing an advertisement in a newspaper and waiting three days for a response. All minor/underage U.S. citizens should be accompanied by their legal guardian(s) and/or provide a notarized letter in Arabic of parental consent when obtaining exit visas to depart Yemen. In all of these more complex cases, obtaining an exit visa requires the permission of the employing company, the sponsoring Yemeni family member, the sponsoring school or the court in which the legal action is pending. Without this permission, foreigners -- including U.S. Citizens -- may not be allowed to leave Yemen.

American women who also hold Yemeni nationality and/or are married to Yemeni or Yemeni-American men often must obtain permission from their husbands for exit visas. They also may not take their children out of Yemen without the permission of the father, regardless of who has custody (see Special Circumstances section below).

For more details, travelers can contact the Embassy of the Republic of Yemen, Suite 705, 2600 Virginia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037, telephone 202-965-4760; or the Yemeni Mission to the U.N., 866 United Nations Plaza, Room 435, New York, NY 10017, telephone (212) 355-1730. Visit the Yemeni Embassy web page for more visa information.

Zambia FlagZambia

A passport and Zambia visa are required.  Passports must have at least six months validity remaining and two blank visa pages. A visa may be obtained in advance at a Zambian Embassy or Consulate or you can apply through an expediter to get your Zambia visa fast. You can also get a visa at the port of entry.  At the time of entry, the immigration officer will stamp your passport with the permitted length of stay.  Typically, an immigration officer will admit an American citizen for the exact number of days they request, up to a maximum of thirty days.  Visitors with indefinite departure plans may want to request admission for thirty days on arrival in the country. Visitors who wish to stay longer than their initial period of entry may visit an immigration office to obtain no more than two thirty-day extensions (for a total time of 90 days).  Zambian Immigration officials insist that visitors carry the original or a certified copy of their passport and immigration permit at all times.  Certified copies must be obtained from the immigration office that issued the permit.  American citizens should closely follow immigration guidelines, including visa requirements for travel to Zambia.

In recent months, a number of American citizens have encountered difficulties with Zambian Immigration officials as a result of their volunteer activities in Zambia.  Americans who wish to engage in voluntary service in Zambia, even on a short-term basis, are reminded that they must enter Zambia on a business visa.  Business visas may be obtained by presenting a letter of invitation from the organization that is sponsoring the volunteer.  Americans who engage in volunteer activities on a tourist visa are subject to fines and removal by the Zambian Department of Immigration.

All Americans, except resident diplomats, must pay an airport departure tax which is collected in U.S. dollars.  Airlines include this tax in the cost of the ticket; however, passengers will need to verify that this tax has been paid at the airport.  The passenger will receive a “no-fee” receipt reflecting this payment.

Visit the Embassy of Zambia website for the most current visa information.

The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of Zambia. Zimbabwe FlagZimbabwe

See Zimbabwe Entry Requirements

Get your Visa fast | Get your passport fast.

IMPORTANT: The foreign entry requirements listed here were obtained from foreign embassies or consulates. This information is subject to change. Verify the data with the consular officials of the countries you plan to visit well in advance. For further information, see our embassy list.

Expedite Your Passport Now!

Follow Us!

This website is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.

Travel Resources

Travel Visas for Any Country 24 to 48 Hour Passport Service 23 International Saving Tips
23 International Saving Tips

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet Lag Survival Guide

Top 10 Canadian Travel Tips
Canadian Travel Tips