Disclaimer: This site may earn affiliate commissions from your purchases through our links, at no extra cost. Learn more.

Expedited Release from Passport Denial Program

by Kelly
(Portland Oregon )

Question I applied for an expedited passport and was denied due to child support arrears. I am current and up to date on all child support payments.

How long will it take for the child support division to report to the HSS division to remove me from the list? Can this be accomplished in less then two weeks to catch my flight for May 1st? Is it something that can be rushed with phone calls and faxes or will it all get delayed in the mess and make me not get my passport in time?

Answer: You can call OCSE at (202)401-9373. They will refer you to the certifying state.

An obligor will usually be eligible to receive his/her passport approximately two to seven working days after OCSE receives notification from the state of their withdrawal from the program. This is the average time it takes an individual to clear the system; some cases may take longer.

Once the obligor is eligible to receive the passport, he/she may contact the National Passport Information Center (1-877-487-2778) and provide the customer service agent (CSA) with the clearance date. The CSA will contact the appropriate Passport Agency to notify them of the clearance. The Passport Agency will mail the passport to the obligor within two to five business days.

If desired, the obligor can arrange with the CSA to pay an additional fee to expedite the process. For further information on how to speed the processing of your passport, visit the following website:

Expedited Passport Services

Comments for Expedited Release from Passport Denial Program

Click here to add your own comments

by: Robin Lefebres

Question: I was told by the US Department of Health and Human Services office that even though I do not have an appointment and my application is in process, I am able to potentially go to the Miami office as a walk-in if I get there early enough. Is this true or am I wasting a trip?

Answer: Before the pandemic, some applicants are able to walk in if they arrive early. However, this changed during and after COVID. All regional passport agencies now operate on an appointment basis only. You should call 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment before making the trip.

Expedite passport after obtaining new birth certificate
by: Anonymous

Question: Can you explain the process to expedite passport after getting new birth certificate. Sorry. Didn't know how/where to post a question.

Answer: You can apply for expedited service when you submit your application for a new passport at an acceptance facility.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports and Child Support Issues.

Click for reliable expedited passport courier service.


More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

1. How can you get a passport when you're in a hurry?
2. What exactly does a passport expediter do?
3. Are passport expediting services legitimate?
4. How can I identify a reliable passport expeditor?
5. Is expedited passport service worth it?

Get answers to these questions and more in our Ultimate U.S. Traveler's Guide to Passport Expediters.

You can also visit our library of articles about passport expediting.

In a Hurry? Get Reliable Expedited Passport Courier Service:Expedite My U.S.Passport Now!
About the Author: For over 20 years, the U.S. Passport Service Guide team has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers with their travel document questions and shared advice about how to make traveling abroad simpler, safer, and more enjoyable.

Get the Latest Updates

Fill out the form, tick all boxes, click subscribe for updates on passports and travel news.