This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Can I get a record of my travel history according to my passport?

Question: A friend of mine needs his international travel history from a passport his ex-wife has confiscated. He needs the information for a court case to prove his whereabouts. I was wondering if there is an application form he can fill out or where to inquire about getting this information and how he can do it.

Answer: Passport records do not include evidence of travel such as entrance/exit stamps, visas, residence permits, etc., since this information is entered into the passport book after it is issued.

Edward Hasbrouk, aka The Practical Nomad, has written extensively about obtaining Passenger Name Records. He provides form letters that can be used for requesting this information.

Your friend can write to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency to request this information.

You will find a link to form letter below that your friend can use to request this information. Right click and save the document to your computer.

Be sure to read the form carefully and type in the required information.

Passenger Name Record (PNR)Request - U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Comments for Can I get a record of my travel history according to my passport?

Click here to add your own comments

Travel history
by: Anonymous

Question: I need my entry and exit dates from the USA for an application. I have been in the USA twice but it was in 2004 and 2003. My passport did not get all the entry/exit stamps. Is there a way to find out what they where?

Answer: Please contact the CBP for assistance.

I need proof for the last travel
by: Anonymous

Question: Social Security needs the date of my last travel to Colombia. I have the date but my passport i doesn't have any information. Social security stopped my payments.

Answer: Passport services does not keep track of your travels. The entry stamp on your passport should show the date you entered Colombia. If it does not, we recommend that you contact Colombian Immigration to see if they can help.

Useful information
by: Anonymous

The information very useful. Thank you

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passport FAQ - Questions and Answers About Passports.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.