Important Due to Covid-19, processing times for passports are taking longer than normal for both standard and expedited services.

How to Add Pages to Passport

open US passport book with stamped pages

Effective January 1, 2016, The U.S. Department of State no longer offers the service of adding visa pages to a passport. This service has been discontinued to enhance the security of U.S. Passports and to adhere to international passport standards.

What do you do if you have no more empty passport pages?

A full passport book is an impressive accomplishment, however, it also means the passport has outlived its usefulness. In order to continue traveling abroad, you will need to get a new passport - regardless of how much validity your full passport book has left.

To get a fresh start, applicants in need of additional pages should follow the steps for renewing a passport. If time is not an issue, a passport renewal by mail is likely the easiest method. For faster turnaround times on your application, enlisting a passport expediting service is the best option.

One exception is if the full passport belongs to a minor. In this circumstance, renewal is not an option, they must obtain a new passport.

To avoid this dilemma in the future, frequent travelers can apply for 52-page passports instead of the regular 24 pages for no additional cost.

What if my passport book gets filled while I'm abroad?

This situation is rare, but it can happen. Many countries seek to help travelers avoid this issue by requiring to see a specific number of empty passport pages before issuing a visa. That said, there are a number of countries that do not have this requirement and even countries where American citizens don't need a visa for entry at all.

Should you find yourself in this predicament, time is of the essence. Start by getting in touch with your nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy and making them aware of your issue. Overstaying your allotted time in a foreign country can have serious consequences ranging from fines to detention to deportation.

From there, your best option is to seek the help of a reputable passport expediting service. In as little as 24 hours you can get you a fresh passport full of empty pages and be back on your globetrotting way.

Click for expedited passport courier service as fast as the same day!.

Expedite Your Passport Now!

Comments: Have Your Say

Leave us a comment in the box below. Please do not include phone numbers or e-mail addresses.