Disclaimer: This site may earn affiliate commissions from your purchases through our links, at no extra cost. Learn more.

Peru Visa Information

Machu Picchu PeruTo enter and depart Peru, you must have a valid U.S. passport. For short-term visits of up to 183 days, a visa can be issued free of charge at the point of entry.

Proof of onward travel, may be required by Migraciones (Immigration) authorities. Make sure to have your date and place of entry stamped in your passport, otherwise you will have issues getting out of Peru. Peruvian immigration procedures are complex for minors traveling without one or both parents/legal guardians. Consent forms are strongly recommended for minors traveling with only one parent/legal guardian. For minors staying as a tourist for more than 183 days, a Permiso Notarial de Viaje is required.

A Permiso Notarial de Viaje is a written, notarized authorization from the non-traveling parent(s). Peruvian immigration will not accept a document notarized by the U.S. Embassy or a document notarized by a U.S. notary in lieu of a Permiso Notarial de Viaje. This can be obtained at a Peruvian Consulate.

About the Author: For over 20 years, the U.S. Passport Service Guide team has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers with their travel document questions and shared advice about how to make traveling abroad simpler, safer, and more enjoyable.

Get the Latest Updates

Fill out the form, tick all boxes, click subscribe for updates on passports and travel news.