Thailand Visa Information - How to Get a Thailand Tourist or Business Visa
Thailand visa is not necessary for tourism or transient stop-over if
you plan to stay 30 days or less. If you will remain in the
country for more than a month or your purpose for travel is other than
tourism, you will be required to get a visa. You can either apply for a
visa to Thailand yourself or you can authorize a Thailand visa expediter
to submit the application for you.
Thailand Visa Requirements
Independent of the type of visa you request, the Thailand Embassy and Consulates require the following:
- A valid passport for at least 6 months, and a blank page to stamp the visa;
- 1 photo (4cm x 6cm) no more than 6 months old;
- Completed Thailand visa application form;
- A copy of your itinerary;
- A copy of your hotel reservation;
- A copy of recent bank statement or evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
- Visa fee (money order or cashier's check made payable to The Royal Thai Embassy; no cash accepted);
- a self-addressed prepaid return envelope with postage (FedEx, US Express Mail or US Certified Mail);
Visas to Thailand are affixed in your passport on the pages
specifically marked for them. Countries require that visa stamps be
placed on those pages that do not contain any other stamps.
Thailand Visa Application Form
There is only one Thailand visa application form for every type of travel visa.
Thailand Visa Form
The Thai Visa Application is in .pdf format. You will need the
free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print the document. You probably
have it on your computer but if you don't, you can get it here
Thailand Tourist Visa
This type of visa is for tourism or visiting family or friends.
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand
for a period of not exceeding 60 days. The validity of this visa is 3
months or 6 months. If you decide to stay longer or want to change the
type of visa you have, you must file an application for permission at
the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, Bangkok
Complete the online application form to expedite your tourist visa for Thailand
Thailand Business Visa
Heading to Thailand for business? You'll need a Non-Immigrant Category
"B" visa. You can participate in negotiations, market research,
exporting operations and the like for up to 90 days. Besides the
documents listed above, you will also need to present the following in
order to get a Thailand business visa.
- Letter from applicant's company indicating the applicant's
position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to
- Letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/ companies
in Thailand and Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in
Thailand such as:
- Business registration or business license
- List of shareholders
- Company profile
- Details of business operation
- Map indicating location of the company
- List of foreign workers
- Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax
You can apply online to expedite your Thailand Business Visa
Expedite Your Passport Now!
Click to Call for Expedited Service!