Important Due to Covid-19, processing times for passports are taking longer than normal for both standard and expedited services.

Where do I go to obtain a minors passport?

by Donna
(Haslet TX)

Question: Whom do I take the form to get a minors passport? I haven't done this before.

Answer: You can apply for a passport for a minor at the nearest passport application acceptance facility. Many post offices provide this service. You can search for one in your city by clicking on the following link.

Passport Application Acceptance Facilities

Applications submitted at one of these locations is processed in 4-6 weeks unless you request expedited services which takes 2-3 weeks.

Remember, applicants should only sign the application when requested to do so by a passport agent. You can verify the list of requirements by clicking the link below.

Child's Passport Information

Click here to post comments

Return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Click for fast expedited courier service

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers


High demand and mailing delays are impacting how long it takes to get a passport.

  • Standard service is currently taking between 10 and 13 weeks.
  • Expedited service is currently taking between 7 to 9 weeks.

NOTE: Processing times begin when applications are received at a passport agency or center. Requesting 1-2-day mailing service is recommended.

Need to get a passport faster?

More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Expedite Your Passport Now!