This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

What if I used the wrong application for my child?

by Mekhala
(Houma, LA, USA)

Question: I have already mailed a renewal request for my daughter's passport along with her original passport. She is 4 years old. The USPS staff gave me a DS-82 form to use. But I later realized I should have submitted DS 11.

I have mailed the wrong form with her original passport for expedite service. I am worried. How will I be able to correct this? Your response would be greatly appreciated as we have a travel scheduled in mid-August.

Answer: Passport services will either return your application and documents for re-submission or contact you with further instructions.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.