This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

What documents do I need to take for my baby to get his passport?

by Stacey

Question: Requisitions to be taken at office in order to proceed with passport application.

Answer: The following documents are required in order to apply for a passport for an infant.

* Completed, unsigned Form DS-11
* Evidence of citizenship
* Evidence of relationship
* Identification of parent(s)
* Photocopy of identification document(s)
* One passport photo

Both parents are required to appear with the child. If you apply for your child alone, then you must either provide a notarized consent from the father or proof of sole legal custody.

For complete instructions, click the link below.

Apply for Passport for Infant

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.