This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

What do you need to get back in the United States?

by Keith
(Wellington, Ks. USA)

Question: Girl was born and raised in the United States for 18 years but moved to Ghana for 14 years. What does she need to get back and live in the United States?

Answer: Basically, all an American citizen needs to return to the United States is a valid passport. She can obtain one at the U.S. Embassy in Accra.

Requirements include evidence of United States citizenship, proof of identity, photocopy of identification document and one passport photo size 2x2 inches.

Representatives at the U.S. embassy can inform as to which documents are acceptable and whether or not other information is required.

U.S. Citizen Services in Ghana

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Getting US Passport Abroad FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.