This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Passport Renewal for My Children

Question: I am a non-U.S. citizen father living in my home country with my family (spouse and three children, under 18 years old) now. My kids were born in U.S.A. while I was studying. They have U.S. passports.

Would you please let me know how I can renew their passport? Are they eligible for financial assistance while they are living in father's home country? Thank you.

Answer: You can apply to get new passports for your children at the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate General. Click the link below to find the one nearest you.

U.S. Embassy List

We do not handle questions concerning financial assistance. We only provide information about foreign entry requirements and the passport application process for American citizens.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.