Important Due to Covid-19, processing times for passports may take up to 18 weeks for routine service and 12 weeks for expedited processing.

Passport Photos for Name Change

by Heather
(Decatur, IN USA)

Question: On the website page do you mean "UNLESS your passport was issued less than 90 days ago"? - - it's after the line that says "Two recent photos".

I had my passport issued in March 2010. I just got married May 2010. Do I need 2 recent photos or not? The picture they took for the passport is as recent as anything I have.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Answer: The text should read "If your passport was issued MORE THAN 90 days ago" which it now does.

Since your passport was issued more than one year ago, you need to complete Form DS-82 and submit it along with your current passport and certified marriage certificate.

The requirement for passport photos has changed. You only need to submit ONE passport photo that was taken not more than 6 months ago.

Return to Passport Photo FAQ.

Click for fast expedited courier service

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

10 Benefits of Expediters
What are the advantages of employing the services a qualified expediter?

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Travel Warnings
The latest alerts to help you prepare for a safe and secure trip abroad.

Travel Documents
List of the most important travel documents and information about how and where to get them.

Travel Safety
Discover practical advice on how to keep safe during international trips.

23 International Travel Tips to Save Money on Transportation, Lodging & More
Cool ways to make your money stretch farther on travel expenses so that you can go more often and stay longer.

Expedite Your Passport Now!