Important: Processing times recently changed for both routine and expedited passport applications.

Comments for Passport for Infant with UK Citizen Father and US Citizen Mother

Click here to add your own comments

Renewing Passport for my child
by: Anonymous

Question: I divorced 5 years ago. Now I want to renew my child's passport but his father didn't want to go with me. How can I renew it without his father?

Answer: If your child is age 15 or younger and you do not have sole legal custody, the father must appear with you at the time you apply forthe minor's passport or provide you with a notarized consent form. If he will do neither, you should consult a lawyer about possible legal actions you can take.

U.S. passport application for a minor
by: Anonymous

Question: I want to apply for my 3 month old son to get a U.S. passport. I'm a U.S. citizen and living here in the United States. My husband is currently in the Philippines and petition is still on going. My question is where can my husband get his Form DS-3053 notarized in the Philippines?

Answer: The United States has an embassy in Manila. Please contact them for information about notary services.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Passport for Infant with UK Citizen Father and US Citizen Mother.

Return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Click for fast expedited courier service

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers


High demand and mailing delays are impacting how long it takes to get a passport.

  • Standard service is currently taking between 7 and 10 weeks.
  • Expedited service is currently taking between 3 to 5 weeks.

NOTE: Processing times begin when applications are received at a passport agency or center. Requesting 1-2-day mailing service is recommended.

Need to get a passport faster?

More Passport & Travel Information

Getting a Passport Expedited at a Post Office
Requesting express service at post offices and other facilities that accept application forms from U.S. citizens.

Applying at a Regional Passport Agency
Where processing centers are located. How to schedule an appointment. What documents to take with you.

Using a Registered Courier Service
How to pick a legitimate courier service company to assist in getting your passport quickly.

Routine vs. Expedited Passport Service: How to Choose
Guide to help you decide if standard or fast track processing is the best option for your situation.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

This website is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.