This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Parental consent and delayed passport

by Benjamin
(Chico, CA, USA)

Question: We are trying to check on the status of a new passport for our son. We submitted paperwork for our other three children at the same time and have received their passports, but apparently a parental consent form was not included in my son's packet that we submitted originally through the Orland post office.

We submitted a letter of consent for him to obtain a passport as soon as we were requested to do so by the passport agency in San Francisco, but it has been 2 weeks now and we have not received his passport. Any update?

Answer: Please click the link below to check the status of your son's passport application.

Passport Status Check

If you need further information, you can contact the National Passport Information Center by calling 1-877-487-2778 or sending an email to

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.