This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Name change on a Dominican Republic passport after marriage

by Laura
(New Jersey)

Question: I have a passport from the Dominican Republic. I got married 7 months ago and I got my husband's last name. My passport is not expired yet but all my IDs have my new name. Do I have to change my passport to travel?

Answer: Passports issued to U.S. citizens are required to match their ID. Since your passport is from the Dominican Republic, you need to check the requirements for citizens of that country.

The addresses of the nearest Dominican Republic consulates are provided below.

Consulate of the Dominican Republic in Boston, MA.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 601
Boston, MA 02116
Phone: (617) 472-8121
Fax: (617) 482-8133

Consulate of the Dominican Republic in New York, NY
1501 New Broadway Ave., Suite 410
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 768-2480,81,82 y 83
Fax: (212) 768-2677 / (212)827-0425

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passport Name Change FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.