This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

My 9 year son's passport expired last year. What form do I need to fill out to renew his passport?

by Grace
(Hillsborough, NJ)

Question: My son's passport expired October of last year. I would like to renew his passport and was wondering which forms I need to fill out for his renewal.

Answer: It will be necessary to apply for a new passport for your son at a passport application acceptance facility. The requirements are listed below.

1. Completed, unsigned application Form DS-11
2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship
3. Evidence of relationship to minor
4. Proof of identification
5. Photocopy of identification document
6. One recent passport photo

Note, both parents must appear or the applying parent must submit a notarized consent form from the non-applying parent. If you have sole legal custody, you must provide proof of such.

For more information, click the links below.

Apply for a Child's Passport

New Jersey Passport Offices

Get Minor's Passport Fast

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.