This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Minor traveling with grandparents. What do they need?

Question: I have a minor who wants to travel to Mexico with my parents. What do I need to do for her to travel with them?

Answer: First of all, the minor will need a valid passport in order to travel to Mexico and return to the United States. You can access complete instructions by clicking the link below.

Get Passport for Minor

Also, you should provide the minor's grandparents with a notarized consent form granting them permission to travel with the minor and authorizing medical treatment if necessary. Click the link below for a form you can use.

Parental Consent Form for Travel with Minor

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.