This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Minor travel to a US territory

by Ken
(Horseheads New York)

Question: My sons' mother lives in Guam. They would like to visit her this summer. Can they travel to a US territory without a passport?

One son is 16 the other is 13. They had valid passports while I was in the service, both have expired.

With the rules above there is no way for their mother and I both to be present to sign. What are my options?

Answer: Passports are not required for travel to United States territories. Note, a passport may be required if the flight stops at countries that require such.

Comments for Minor travel to a US territory

Click here to add your own comments

visiting parent who lives in guam
by: Anonymous

My daughter lives is guam on the Military Base. I suggest getting a passport for your sons to visit because if something should happen and they have to evacuate to the nearest would be wise to have a passport.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Passports for Minors FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.