This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

I need my Certificate of Naturalization back ASAP.

by Nabila
(Marietta, GA, USA)

Question: I applied for a U.S passport last July 17th at my local post office. I sent along my original Certificate of Naturalization as needed. I now have to provide proof of citizenship within 2 weeks or so for my new job.

Therefore I would need to expedite the process to get everything back ASAP but did not apply for expedited service thinking I had plenty of time. Is it too late to pay for it now?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Answer: The only way to expedite the process once you have submitted your passport application for routine service is to personally visit one of the regional agencies. You have three options although none are very close. A link to more information about each agency is provided below.

New Orleans Passport Agency

Miami Passport Agency

Washington DC Passport Agency

Return to Passport Expediting FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.