Disclosure: We are an affiliate of some of the companies and products mentioned and may be compensated if you click one of these links and make a purchase.

I lost my sons U.S passport and visa - how to get them back asap?

Question: I lost my son's U.S passport and visa in my recent trip back from India. I didn't find it at the lost and found at the airport. I want to know how to get it back ASAP (in less than 2 weeks). Shirley

Answer: Unless you know where they are, there is no way to recover them. Your son must apply for a new passport and a new visa.

There are only two ways to get a passport and visa in less than two weeks. One, you can visit the nearest regional passport agency to get your son's U.S. passport and then visit the nearest embassy or consulate for the country he plans to visit. Two, you can authorize a professional expediting service to get both the passport and visa for you.

To apply yourself, click the links below.

Apply for New Passport

Regional Passport Agency List

Travel Visas

To apply through an expediter, click the link below.

Expedite U.S. Passport and Travel Visa

Return to Passport Replacement FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.

Expedite Your Passport Now!