This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

Can parents get expedited passports if their deployed son is hurt?

by Cynthia L
(Lawrenceburg, KY, US)

Question: If a son who is a Marine is hurt overseas, can the parents get an expedited passport to go to see him? How long would it take?

Answer: Yes, parents of a wounded Marine can obtain expedited passports in order to travel overseas. There two ways to get the travel documents within a day or two. One, you can visit the nearest regional passport agency. Fortunately, there not in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.The closest one is the Atlanta Passport Agency.

It is possible to get a passport the same day you submit the application at this agency. Or you may be able to plan your flight so that you have a one-day layover in a city where there is an agency.

An alternative is to employ the assistance of a qualified passport expediting service. There is an additional fee for this service but it may compensate not having to visit the agency yourself. For more information, click the link below.

Apply for Expedited Passport Service

Return to Passport Expediting FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.

The Ultimate Jet Lag Survival Guide
Jet lag is almost certain if you travel across several time zones. Discover how to minimize the effects of jet lag for every age group and ensure a more rewarding family trip.