Malaga, Spain: Gateway to Andalucia and the Costa del Sol
Are you travelling to Andalucia or the Costa del Sol in Southern Spain?
If you are then there is simply a bewildering choice of ways to get there.
In total there are more or less 120 different Airports from 30 Countries with direct
flights to Malaga International Airport. Although there are only 2 direct
flights per week from the USA, New York on a Friday & Saturday.
The cheapest and most frequent routes are from the UK. There are 23 UK
Airports alone that offer regular flights to Malaga with over 165 weekly
flights from the main 4 London Airports!
For those of you traveling from the USA or outside Europe I would recommend
getting a cheap flight into the UK and then transferring with one of the No
Frills airlines to Malaga.
Below is a list of the MAIN airlines flying from the UK and I have detailed
which airports they fly from. There are various other charter flights on
offer in addition to these!!
- Aer Lingus - Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Shannon
- British Airways - Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow, Stansted
- BA City Flyer - London City
- Easyjet - Belfast, Bristol, Gatwick, Glasgow, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Southend, Stansted.
- Flybe - Doncaster, Exeter, Norwich, Southampton
- Jet2.com - Belfast, Blackpool, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle
- Monarch - Birmingham, East Midlands, Gatwick, Leeds, Luton, Manchester
- Norwegian - Birmingham, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Manchester
- Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cork, Dublin, East
Midlands, Edinburgh, Prestwick, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester,
Newcastle, Shannon, Stansted
If you still cant find the flight or deal that you are happy with after this
then try Ryanair who fly to Jerez. (About 11/2 hours drive from the Costa
Both Germany and France also offer an excellent selection of direct, cheap
flights to Malaga if you find yourself transferring from there.
Below are 5 Top Tips for obtaining Low Cost Flights to Malaga.
- You don t have to fly both ways with the same airline
- You don t have to return to the same Airport
- Fly Mid-week
- Book as far in advance as possible
- The Busier the Airport the better deals on offer, Manchester & Gatwick
offer the largest selection of direct flights.
What's there to see and do when you get here?
There are mountains, beaches, untouched remote villages, 43 golf courses;
in a word, everything.
The Costa del Sol is home to both the mass tourist industry and one of the
worlds most exclusive holiday resorts, Puerto Banus. Offering some of the
most sophisticated nightlife and restaurants in Europe.
Within 2 hours of Malaga Airport (from November to March) you could be
skiing in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, Skiing in the morning, beach in
the afternoon, why not!
The area of Andalucia is not just about the Costa del Sol, away from the
hustle and bustle you will find remote, untouched, White Andalucian Villages
(pueblos) and within 2 hours of Malaga Airport are the historic and
unforgettable Cities of Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and of course
My advice is to be brave, hire a car and get out and see everything you can,
there really is something for everyone.
Plan ahead and sign up for the most popular Spain tours
Expedite Your Passport Now!
Click to Call for Expedited Service!