How to Renew a Ukrainian Passport in the U.S.
Renewing your Ukrainian passport from the U.S is much like applying for
your first Ukrainian passport. The good news here is that you have done
it before and therefore must be familiar with the process involved. It
is recommended that you go into the Ukrainian embassy or your nearest
Ukrainian consulate. You must appear in person.
Ukrainian Embassy and Consulates in the U.S.
The Ukrainian embassy is located in Washington, DC. There are
three Ukrainian consulates located in Chicago, New York and San
The Ukrainian embassy takes visitors without appointment daily
from 9am to 12pm. This excludes weekends. Each consulate has its own
policies and open hours so be sure to check this before deciding to set
off to your nearest consulate. You can find each consulate's details on
the map in the top left corner of the embassy website
Completing the Ukrainian Passport Application
You can download the passport application form at home and complete it
before visiting the embassy or consulate. This is recommended as it
makes for better preparation. There are two available application
forms. One is to be filled out by hand, while the other allows you to
fill in your details from the computer. These are available online
Be sure to fill out the form correctly, print and sign it. It must be
brought with you to the embassy or consulate. You can also collect an
application form from the consulate itself.
Required Supporting Documents
Below is a list of documentation that you absolutely have to
take with you when going into the consulate. These form an imperative
part of your application and include:
- Completed passport application form printed and signed
- Proof of identity and Ukrainian citizenship (current Ukrainian passport)
- Ukrainian Identification Code (both number and copy of the documents)
- Proof of the right to reside in the U.S (green card, work permit etc)
- Birth certificate plus a copy thereof
- Two photos of 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm and 10 cm by 15 cm
- Receipt of payment of passport fee ($155 for renewal)
Passport Photos Specifications
Do not be one of those people who get everything right beside
the passport photos. Thousands of passport applications fail simply
because the passport photos supplied are incorrect. See the below
regulations which will assist you:
- Applicant's shoulders and face should appear in the photo
- Applicant's face should take up approximately 70% - 80% of the photo
- The photo must be of good quality and not have an scratches or marks on it
- Applicant should face forwards with eyes directed towards the camera
- Applicant must hold a natural expression with closed mouth and no smile
- No hair, glasses or anything else may obscure the face
Following the instructions will result in a painless
passport renewal process. There is a plethora of information available
on the embassy website. Calling the embassy between 2pm and 6pm during
weekdays is best should you require assistance.
The embassy website content is written in Ukrainian so ask a
friend or family member fluent in the language to assist you if you
cannot adequately speak the language. There are also English speaking
assistants at the embassy and consulates that can explain everything
clearly to you. The process is not too complicated and is generally
easily done if all the documents and photos provided are correct.
Expedite Your Passport Now!
Click to Call for Expedited Service!