This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

How do I expedite my passport?

by Debbi
(Warren, Ohio United States)

Question: I am a passport holder and the expiration of this passport is coming very soon; in fact in a week or so. I am a Flight Attendant with Continental Airlines. I fly regularly into Toronto, Montreal, and other cities in Canada. With this position, I cannot be without it, therefore I am hesitant to submit my passport for renewal. Is there another course of action I can take?

Answer: You can expedite your passport as quickly as the same day. There are two options. One, you can appear at a regional passport agency and submit the application yourself. Two, you can authorize a private expediting service to submit your application.

To renew your passport, you are required to submit application form DS-82, your most current passport and one passport photo taken within the last 6 months.

For a list of regional agencies, click the link below.

Regional Passport Agency List

To have an expediter do this for you, click the link below.

Expedite Passport Fast

Return to Passport Expediting FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.