This is a privately owned website and not a government agency. Click to learn more.

How do I expedite my children's passports?

by Judith

Question: I am so short of time to renew or get new passports for my children. I know it can be done but it seems every passport service agency that I've inquired are all asking for a plane ticket as one of the requirements but in our case were not flying. We are driving to Canada next week so what do we need to do? Please I need a quick response. Thank you so much.

Answer: Children under 16 do not need to present a passport when traveling to Canada by land. If your children are 15 or younger, they only need to present proof of U.S. citizenship such as a birth certificate when exiting and re-entering the United States.

If your children are 16 or older or you just want to get passports for them, then we recommend you contact Fastport Passport for assistance with expediting the passport applications. You can access their website by clicking the link below.

Expedite Passports for Minors

Return to Passport Expediting FAQ.

Top 5 Questions About Expedited Passport Couriers

Latest Passport & Travel Updates

Emergency Passport Renewal
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.

How to Renew a U.S. Passport Fast
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.

Make Your Own Passport Photos
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.

Passport Renewal Videos
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.