How can grandparents get a passport for my 8 year old stepson?
by Luvn M@ family
Question: My stepson is in Mexico and wants to visit for summer break. What do his grandparents need to get a passport for him?
The grandparents must appear with the child at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate General and submit the following documents.
1. Completed, but unsigned form DS-11
2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship (such as your stepson's certified birth certificate)
3. Notarized written statement or affidavit from BOTH of the child's parents authorizing the grandparents to apply for a passport (If only one parent has sole custody, a written statement or affidavit from this parent is required.)
4. Acceptable photo ID
5. Photocopies of the identification documents presented
6. One recent passport photo (2x2 inches, white background, taken within the last 6 months)
7. Payment for fees
For more information, click the appropriate link below.How to Get a Child's PassportU.S. Embassy and Consulate List
How to get an emergency passport renewal in the U.S. or abroad. Discover the steps to renew your passport the same day.
Learn to expedite passport renewals as quickly as the same day. Where and how to renew passport in a hurry.
Use the online Passport Photo Wizard tool to make your own passport photos in minutes. Save money and time.
Watch step-by-step instructional passport videos of how to renew a passport in 3 steps.