FAST Trusted Traveler Card
The FAST Trusted Traveler program provides a WHTI-compliant document
that expedite travel to pre-approved commercial truck drivers to cross the borders of US and Canada
and US and Mexico
through dedicated special lanes. This document can be used by the
drivers for entry to the US by land or sea and for an expedited release
to fully qualified FAST trips between the said borders.
FAST Eligibility and Fees
You may be able to qualify in the program if you are a citizen
or permanent resident of a participating country, age 18 or over and
possess a valid driver's license. You must be admissible to the
countries in which you plan to travel under applicable immigration
laws. However, it is good that not everyone is eligible for this
program. Non-Eligibility means any of the following:
- provide false or incomplete information on your application;
- have been convicted of a criminal offense;
- have a criminal conviction for which you received a pardon;
- have failed to obtain a waiver of inadmissibility to the U.S. when applicable;
- have been found in violation of customs or immigration law; or
- Failed to meet other requirements of the FAST Commercial Driver Program.
You can apply for FAST through the online enrollment system that
is approved by the CPB of the US and the immigration of Canada. This
online enrolment is via the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). The
application fee will be US $50 or $50 Canadian. After your online
application to GOES, you will be noticed if you are under "Conditional
approval". After this they will be instructing you to schedule an
appointment for your personal interview in any FAST Enrolment Centers.
You should bring your necessary requirements like you drivers license,
proof of citizenship, and other proofs of your personal background and
identity. After approval, you will be issued a FAST driver's card and
other necessary immigration documents. You also should not use your
FAST card to enter NEXUS and SENTRI lanes.
FAST Trusted Traveler Program Application - Canada
FAST Trusted Traveler Program Application - Mexico
Things to remember when using FAST card
Expedite Your Passport Now!
Click to Call for Expedited Service!
- The FAST card is renewable and is valid for 5 years just as other
trusted travel programs. However, if a renewal request is filed before
expiration, a FAST Commercial Driver card remains valid beyond its
printed expiration date until a new card is activated or the renewal
request is denied.
- As a FAST Card driver, you must declare all goods you are importing
whenever you cross the border into Canada or the United States.
- You must not import controlled, restricted, or prohibited firearms or weapons, including Mace, pepper spray, and stun guns.
- You must not import controlled, restricted, or prohibited goods,
animals, or plants. This includes controlled, restricted, or prohibited
substances, endangered animals and species, and restricted fruits and
- Should your card be lost or stolen, notify the Canadian Processing Centre or a FAST Enrollment Center.
- The FAST card is non-transferrable to another person.
- If you are travelling with a companion, make sure all of you posses a FAST Card.
- You will be given a participant's manual when you receive your FAST
'ID card, read and understand the terms and conditions that apply.